SAILING VACATION IN SPAIN
Spain is a wonderful country with many different attractions; historical sites, beautiful nature, culture, beaches, sports, cuisine etc. The number of visitors is growing each year, because Spain has become more popular as one the most interesting tourist destinations of the world. The tourist industry keeps on growing, thus causing the demand for yacht charter offer to rise.
Although there has been a significant growth in different forms of tourism such as rural, ecological, urban, cultural tourism, the best potential has been shown through summer and nautical tourism in Spain due to its extremely attractive coastline with stretches of splendid beaches and holiday resorts.
An excellent geographical position, ideal climate, rich cultural and historical heritage, Mediterranean cuisine and many other attractions have made Spain one of the most popular world destinations.
Over one hundred marinas and ports are placed along the coast of Spain. Its coastline abounds in beautiful beaches; 450 beaches have been awarded the Blue Flag.
There has been a considerable development of yachting facilities on the Mediterranean coast and islands. New marinas were built all along the coast, so allowing short sail away from one port to another. Comprehensive repair facilities are available only in the most important yachting centers. In small ports and marinas, the availability of spare parts is limited, though quite all the ports provide at least minor repairs for yachts.
Sailing is, therefore, the best way to explore this beautiful country, especially when combined with historical tours and other activities. While on board, you will encounter a variety of areas and landscapes; each interesting in its own way and each provides an unforgettable experience for tourists.
The Spanish coastline is really unique. So let us make a short overview of beautiful coasts of Spain:
- Costa Brava with green immensity of the sea and modern infrastructure of the surroundings
- Costa Maresme which is completely lined with beaches and marked by cliffs
- Costa del Garraf is a low sandy coast with numerous tourist centers
- Costa Dorada with long beaches and dunes of fine sand, it’s an area of long fishing tradition
- Costa del Azahar known as an area of contrasts
- Costa de Valencia with fertile plains and sandy coastline of shallow waters
- Costa Blanca as an example of the Mediterranean landscape, from lively cosmopolitan stretch to rural area
- Costa Calida with old fishing towns and green cities
- Costa de Almeria with modern tourist resorts and natural areas
- Costa Tropical has rugged and rocky coastline
- Costa del Sol with beaches and coves, marinas and anchorages
- Costa de la Luz famous for infinite beaches lined by pine groves
- Rias Baixas with rugged relief, beautiful beaches and inlets
- Costa da Morte offering spectacular scenery with fishing villages, beautiful beaches
- Golfo Artabro with four estuaries that form the gulf and reflect the historical land
- Rias Altas and its wild cliffs, sandy areas and caves
- Costa Verde with picturesque towns and long quiet beaches
- Costa de Cantabria with cliffs, splendid beaches and historical sites
- Costa Vasca's rugged coast, estuaries and mountains
- Menorca is a natural oasis of reddish beaches and golden sand, ideal for water sport activities
- Mallorca with many white sand beaches and small coves, Ibiza and its clear waters, bright sunshine and entertainment
- Formentera with cliffs and long beaches
- La Palma with volcanic sands and bays surrounded by cliffs
- La Gomera known as the magical island with small black sand beaches
- El Hierro with cliff lined coastline with coves and lagoons
- Tenerife with numerous beaches of volcanic origin and a range of leisure activities
- Gran Canaria which is an ideal setting for water sports
- Fuerteventura with white sand beaches, ideal for windsurfing and scuba diving
- Lanzarote with black and golden sand beaches and a variety of volcanic formations.
MORE ABOUT SAILING:
Bases in Spain
Spain is a beautiful country with so many options and possibilities for your vacation. You will certainly enjoy its wonderful scenery, interesting towns, find many splendid coves and beaches, both crowded and the most remote ones to enjoy your tranquil vacation.
Nautical tourism in Spain
Spain is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Madrid and Barcelona are the top destinations among visitors.
Charter routes in Spain
You can choose among numerous charter routes lasting from 7 to 14 days, covering various popular ports and bases.
Tourists are attracted by its mild climate, wonderful scenery, charm, monuments and intense marine activities.
The Balearic Islands are located in the western Mediterranean. The islands are divided into two main groups; Gimnesias (Gymnesian Islands) and Pitiusas (Pine Islands).